Updated: Jul 11
As my year of funding with Arts Council England comes to a close, I wanted to share my artist's affirmations, what I hold true and what I aim to live by as a creative.
◦ I am rooted in place- responding to the environment, materials, and feelings a location gifts in my prints.
◦ I leave a mark without leaving too much of a mark – being as low-impact as possible.
◦ I use environmentally friendly materials, where I can. - responsibly sourced, local, sustainable
◦ I am playful & experimental, considering potential use, before discarding or collecting anything.
◦ I record the 'why' as well as the 'what' and ‘how’ as I create.
◦ I embrace nature's cycles, noting the unique details of seasonal shift.
◦ I create the art and space I want to inhabit in the world.
Do get in touch if you'd like to talk to me about my work or arrange a visit to my studio.